All the good about South Africans
Dream Tulbagh webpage
Contact Christo if you need a good professional website at affordable prices. You will receive the personal attention you deserve.
To advertise on this website
Tulbagh Droomnuus/Dreamnews: Desember 2012
Notice of the competition regarding the entrances to our town has been widely distributed – we are looking forward to receiving your ideas! These must be please be handed in or mailed to Tulbagh Tourism – do not put your name on the actual sketch though, as they must be anonymous for judging by a nominated panel.
Norman wag op my en die tyd ontbreek om ‘n lang storie te skryf, maar kyk net na al die positiewe vordering wat gemaak word!! Sien foto’s bo – ons gaan met vreugde volgende week daar vergader. Skryf tog in vir die kompetisie om die nuwe ingange tot ons dorp te ontwerp… Baie dankie vir al u goedgesindheid. more info
DREAM TULBAGH: October 2012
I am pleased to share yet more good news from the past week with you… Lynette Fourie of the Garden portfolio reports the following:
· She and Judy van Graan had a very positive meeting with Mr Sithembiso Fadana,Youth Development Officer of the Chris Hani Youth Centre, last Wednesday. They will be planting 10 trees for shade at the centre and Judy is planning a garden at the entrance.
· They have requested help with the development of their veggie garden, which aims to feed the little ones at the crèche nextdoor - Tanya Schenck has expressed interest in getting involved (this girl has already done a lot!).
· Cynthia Tshambu from Chris Hani has done a survey in Duif Sreet and there are 20 families that have expressed the need for trees on their sidewalk. She nominated two of the youths to do surveys in other streets and they will get back to us shortly regarding the greening of their section. (Cynthia is simply amazing, bless her!)
· Stefan Hartman from Manley’s has planted 23 trees and will shortly be planting more on Van der Stel St extension.
· Correctional Services will still plant another 20 trees - they are busy cleaning up inside at the moment.
· Grant Clack has offered to water Correctional Services’ new trees weekly during the hot summer months. He challenges other farmers to do the same for Dream trees planted elsewhere and where access to water is perhaps problematic.
· 10 Wit Karee trees were delivered to Deane Hill of Rhodes Fruit for planting along Station Road to fill the gaps. The 20 trees still needed he will be buying himself, and will continue pruning and planting as he has labour available. more info
More good news... The latest Dream meeting held at the Youth Centre in Chris Hani was very successful with a number of local residents attending and showing interest in the project. Information leaflets have been developed in English & Afrikaans for distribution (duplication courtesy of Mari-Lane) and they are also up on notice boards all around town. more info
Tulbagh se droom het sommer nou goed aan die gang gekom met bome wat geplant is. Nege bome (Wilde Pruim) is by die Zanokhanyo Creche geplant. Die kleintjies het gesing en hande geklap nadat elke boom geplant was - wat 'n belewenis. Bg Boy een van die pappas wat help gate grawe het met sy trotse seuntjie met die lang hare was daar om te help.
Cape Ash bome is in Kriegler straat geplant maar kyk hoe lyk die pad!!!!!! Die eerste boom wat geplant word in Chris Hani - Duif straat - (Assegaai boom). Sien ook die massa bome wat nog geplant moet word!!! 'n Acacia Galpinii is voor Elizabeth se huis in Witzenville geplant en 60 Acacia Galpinii's wat by die gevangenis afgelewer is.
The Dream Team held a very well-attended meeting (it was good to see such a turnout from the whole community!) last Thursday at Kuierbossie, where chairman Bill Slater explained where we are currently at:
The first big project to beautify the extension of Station Road by planting an avenue of 220 trees on Heritage Day 24 September is well in hand, thanks mainly to Lynette Fourie’s efforts. (A separate update is being sent out in this regard – it is very exciting, so please get involved!Meeting with the site engineer from Haw & Inglis responsible for the roadworks on the R46 to understand exactly how the new entrances to Tulbagh will look. more info
The Dream is alive and well and things are happening!
Lynette Fourie is going like a boeing in collecting donations and making contacts and generally doing the very best she can to promote the Dream and get things moving in the short planting season still available.
Our first identified objective is to plant an avenue of Cape Ash trees on the extension of Station Road leading into Chris Hani, as part of arbour month.
Thanks are due to the following generous members of our community who have already stepped up to do something tangible towards realising the Dream: more info